Need New Belt!

Diamond G Knives

Anyone know where I can find a flat drive belt for a 1970's Rockwell 24-822 surface grinder? Looking on the web Im coming up short. The old belt is gone.
Any help appreciated!

God Bless
Mike

I had a flat belt drive on my surface grinder and could not buy a replacement belt. I converted it to a v/belt drive. This works fine for me.
cheers meno

You could always make a belt for it out of leather. I have seen a lot of older machines that run leather belting. I have an old punch press that had a leather belt on it. Just an idea.

Would prefer not to make this a custom remodel unless I just have to.
Wold like to get an Rockwell replacement if possible.

Thanks and God Bless
Mike

You may want to try taking your old belt into your locate Motion Industries location or Fastenal store they may be able to help you. If you do not have them local try to find someone that handles motors or industrial supplies in your area.

Sorry, by "gone" I thought you meant broken or wore out.

Motion Ind still may be able to help you, give them a call. They will probably have you measure the width and depth of the pulley and then use a piece of string around the two pulleys to get an an approximate size. Years (and years) ago when I worked in a garage I can remember one of the Mechanic's showing me this trick.

Count
THANK YOU!!
I have been looking for that manual for some time. Found several parts and pieces but no full manual.
Will now hopwfully start looking for a belt!

Thanks Again! God Bless
Mike

Back