Need Help Identifying German Blade

rzbzad

Hey everybody, i'm new to the forums and I was wondering if i could get some help identifying this exact knife. I actually found it in a gutter so i was wondering if i has any value. Heres some pics
knife1.jpg
knife2.jpg
knife3.jpg

It's spring loaded and swings out from the side. It's engraved "Springer" at the bottom
It says C.16 on one side of the hilt and C.12 on the opposite
It has Solingen Cutlery B.SVDBODA Germany engraved at the bottom of the blade(pic3)
Thanks!

There were tons of these made in Germany.
Solingen is just a town. Like Seki in Japan. It worth what ever someone wants to be for it? That's if you don't get arrested for it first?
That's most likely why you found it in a gutter.
Someone dumped it because the police were following them? The are illegal in most states to carry. You can have it in your home as a Collector's Piece! Nothing special.

Welcome to KnifeDogs!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

it is a shot gunners knife. they were very popular in germany and italy. they were made by many makers. the hilts were made to pull shot gun sells out of old type shot guns that did not eject the spent shells the c.16 and c.12 are the size of shell they were designed tho extract. in the u.s. we call them 12 gauge and 16 gauge. most were not automatic. but your's is and in working order? B.SVDBODA is the maker . rhino is right ok to collect but not to carry. what's it worth, hard to tell from the photos. it has been used quit a bit. if it is a working switchblade my guess would be around 40.00 to 50.00 to a collector 20.00 to 25.00 pawn. nice find

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the info guys! I really like, and I want to get it into better condition. Any idea what time period it is from?

they were propuced from about 1900-1950. i would post it on the automatic forum. those guys might have somemore info. gary

Back