Need help....I need a Ranger stencil.

Justin Presson

Hey guys,
I am currently trying to knock out a knife for a friend whos husband is overseas. He is a Ranger and would like to put Ranger tab on the knife.

Does anyone have a stencil of one I could borrow or have the capabilites of making one. I would pay you for it. I would need ot fairly soon as she said she needs to ship it soon to get it to him by Christmas.

Thank you
Justin

ok, check this image and see if it's something like you're looking for. Darn, it's big! What size do you need, how wide?

Ranger_Tab.jpg

OK, let me see what I can do - I hope I can make it work to support our troops. It'll have to be after the Iron Bowl - the wife's family are here and they are true Bama fan...natics!

Last edited:
OK, let me see what I can do - I hope I can make it work to support our troops. It'll have to be after the Iron Bowl - the wife's family are here and they are true Bama fan...natics!

Thank you Ken for trying and taking the time!! Let me how it turns out.

Justin - I'm not having much luck with that Ranger tab. The image I show above came from a very small image, and it doesn't print out very good at all. You can see the pixels, with white space between pixels. They're small, but they are going to prevent a really sharp image from printing.

Here's what I just did in Draftsight - not great - do you think it will work when printed to 5/8" wide?

Ranger.png

Justin - I'm not having much luck with that Ranger tab. The image I show above came from a very small image, and it doesn't print out very good at all. You can see the pixels, with white space between pixels. They're small, but they are going to prevent a really sharp image from printing.

Here's what I just did in Draftsight - not great - do you think it will work when printed to 5/8" wide?

Ranger.png

Well its close. I know the guy its going to and it will probably bug him if it is not the exact logo.
I appreciate effort.

Ken...what kind of file would you need? I could trace over that file at the top (in CAD) and give you smooth lines and curves. I can most likely out put something you can use.

Also, scaling up and down in the cad does not change resolution. No pixilization....

If you and Justin still want to pursue this let me know.

Ted, I can use a jpg, dwg, dxf - most any format should be ok. When trying to trace over the original I wasn't able to get the polylines in a good curve, and the letters had to be placed with rotation set for each letter. I didn't get them right. If you wish to try it, I'll sure try to make the stencil.

guys...would this be okay to work from? The one at the top looks like it got stretched to the right a little. The "frame" on the right is thicker than on the left so it doesn't look quite right. The one I just posted looks pretty even.

Attachments

• main-qimg-c7feb9ce7ce339c1963e63edf2bbb9b2-c.jpg
    main-qimg-c7feb9ce7ce339c1963e63edf2bbb9b2-c.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 6
Sanity check to make sure I can do this...here's the curve and first "R"....the pixilation is from the screen capture. If I send Ken a DXF file he should be able to scale up and down.

Ken do you have the ability to darken the space inside the letters?
ranger logo.jpg

Ted, if I were good with Gimp it should be able to darken the letters and the banner.... but I'm not. I can just barely open an image in gimp to crop and reduce file size. The letters need to be a pure black, and the banner bar needs to be pure black with pure while in other spaces.

Ken do you have the ability to darken the space inside the letters?

Ted, can you send me the dxf file of what you've got. I just realized with dwg or dxf I "should" be able to fill. While Justin seems to have the Ranger tab covered, I'd like to see if I can fill the areas needed.

Back