My Refurbished Bandsaw

macfly

Hey Guys,

Here is one of my recent rehab projects for my new knife shop. It is a 1950 Atlas 12" bandsaw I found it on Craigslist for a price I couldn't refuse. I totally disassembled the saw and started media blasting all the parts, I then used an epoxy primer and then a modified acrylic enamel for the paint. I installed all new bearings and even went with the new urethane tires. They seem to be working very well. I also decided to go with a 1hp motor and a vfd for this project I can turn the bandsaw down to run 25 FPM all the way up to 2000 FPM and it is whisper quite. I want to thank Wayne Coe for all of his help on getting the motor and the VFD and answering all my questions.

Thanks for looking

Mike

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00799.jpg
    DSC00799.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC00792.jpg
    DSC00792.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 143
OK, Mike, tell the truth. That's a brand new bandsaw you just took out of the box. Great work on the refurbish.

Thanks Guys for all of your complements!!! I am also about to complete my HARIG 612 restro with a belt conversion will send pic's soon.

Thanks again

Mike

Denny, I bet it is better than a brand new one right out of the box. He now has both a wood cutting band saw but can put a metal blade on.

Back