My latest sheath

Josh Dabney

I haven't posted anything new in so long I just wanted get something out here and get some feedback. Sorry but the accompanying knife is going into the BF Christmas KITH so I'm holding off pics of the knife till the new owner sees it.

Any way here goes....

8-9oz veg tanned lined with black pigskin lining leather. Mexican Basketweave style lacing and of course tooled on the front and belt loop.

scrollsheathlaced015.jpg

scrollsheathlaced017.jpg

As always comments and critiques are encouraged welcomed and appreciated

-Josh

Josh, I think that sheath is GREAT! The tooling is super and from what I can see of the lacing, it too looks awesome. You did an excellent job on this one, for sure. Love the black and brown/tan color scheme. Denny

Thanks for the compliments fellas.

The body color is Feibling pro oil dye saddle tan.

I do want to give credit where credit is due. Our very own furum moderator DCknives is my mentor so a big thanks out to him for teaching me how to do it. It's not too bad when you got the Pro looking over your shoulder ! I agree the basketweave looks great and I'm excited to have it in my arsenal.

What I'm happiest about is the excellent tension fit. Finally nailed that part.

-Josh

Josh,

Your leather work is really getting there. With the black lining that one is over the top goodjob1
Keep up the good work 2thumbs

Mike

Let me say, Josh is the kind of student that makes a teacher look good.He's a very quick study and dedicated to learning all the tricks.I am very proud of him.Dave2thumbs

That sheath is great!!!! 2thumbs
I have seen it in person and the person
making the sheath is great as well.
Josh has an ability most have never seen.
For his age he can kick a$$ with his drawings
and his design ability. Josh is an up and comer
and will have his name on everybody's tongue.

(then again I'm kind of prejudice towards SON):D

Linda, dear friend, thanks for introducing me to Josh at the Blade Show. With Dave counseling him, with the skills he possesses---and you in his corner, there is no way this young man can fail. Your man (Dave) invited me to come here and I am delighted with what I see! Tracy has done a fine piece of work! ---Sandy---

Back