My Latest "Flipper" adventure

Discussion in 'Ed Caffrey, MS "The Montana Bladesmith"' started by EdCaffreyMS, Oct 5, 2011.

1. EdCaffreyMS

EdCaffreyMS Forum Owner - Moderator

I just finished up prototyping out a new "Flipper" folder...I'm calling it the G2. This is a BIG folder, with a 4" blade. It's the first folder that I've produced using bearings in the pivot, and it's worked out great. Of course you'd know that I would have to put a Damascus blade in a prototype :). (everything else it 6-4 Ti) There are a few little tweaks, that I'm sure I'll do to it as time goes by, and the plan is to offer it in a "plain jane" version, with a CPM154 blade, and bead blasted scales.

Building this one has be somewhat of a revelation for me.....it's spawned a whole bunch of ideas, including a couple of different size hunters from the pattern, as well as a whole new generation of EBK sized knives. This one will be going with me to the Rocky Mtn. Show in Bosie later this month...hopefully it will find a new home there. That's where I'm also going to premier the hunters and "G2" EBKs.

(Never mind the lint in the photos! I realized that I forgot to clean off my background AFTER I took the pics!) :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. J. ROSA

J. ROSA Well-Known Member

That thing just POPS!

3. Denny Eller

Denny Eller Well-Known Member

Great design, Ed! That one won't last long at the show.

4. EdCaffreyMS

EdCaffreyMS Forum Owner - Moderator

Thanks guys!

After a few more little tweeks, I think I'll be ready to move on to down sizing this model. Once I get the straight knives done that this folder inspired, I'll post some pics of those too.

5. UncleBillyKnives

UncleBillyKnives Well-Known Member

Wow, great looking knife Ed!