My first knives

bodam

Here's one of my first knives completed. I think it's #7 actually. Rosewood handle with red liner. Tru Oil with matte sanded finish.

This is my 3rd sheath. This one I kept simple with no tooling. Focused on straighter cleaner lines and crisp stitches.

I think they both came out pretty good for a beginner.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417661033.532140.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417661054.212748.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417661073.446206.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417661081.997122.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good, did you plan on the jimping to be under the handle? I only ask because I am curious, I have been asked to put some jimping on my knives but haven't yet.

I don't think so, I honestly just marked it out where my thumb would sit, and designed the handle shape around the blade pattern. The first notch just so happened to be inside the handle.

I don't think so, I honestly just marked it out where my thumb would sit, and designed the handle shape around the blade pattern. The first notch just so happened to be inside the handle.

:biggrin: Just checking, knives seam to take their own path sometimes. I know I have done some things that I never planned on just because of an opps :D and sometimes I am impressed with the end results. You knife looks nice and clean, keep it up!

Bodam, great job. Your knives are really coming around! I like your simple and clean leatherwork also. Keep it up!
- J

lol, that's only the 3rd sheath I've made! I wanted simple and clean, so I'm glad that's what comes across.

I prefer simple, clean elegant styling. I don't think I will ever mirror polish a blade, etc. I prefer satin finishes, and simple leather. I just appreciate the form of the metal and leather and don't want to muck it up with fancy pants stuff.

Just my thoughts. That's why I make my own stuff, lol.

This is the last knife that I finished before the one I posted. I love lacewood and snake wood.

I like this style knife. Don't know what to call it, but I like it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417718366.261895.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417718377.262382.jpg

And my first sheath ever:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417718406.155221.jpg

Not sure what I would call it but I will say it looks great...I will also say my first few didn't look that good.
Keep it up

God bless

Fourth sheath done. This is my first with makers mark.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419045194.910548.jpg

Back