My current Spyderco collection

Spyderman

Here's my current collection. Clockwise from top (12 O'clock):

1. Delica 4 combination blade "murdered out" black. The only DLC blade I like for some reason.
2. Standard PM2 in S45VN
3. Fradon Lock PM2 with Elmax steel. I love the look of the carbon fiber scales, but they have little texture and I didn't feel confident in my grip, so I replaced it with RGT burlap micarta scales.
4. PM2 with Cruwear steel and factory micarata scales.
5. Para 3 with Maxamet steel and standard dark gray G10 scales
6. Shaman in S30V also sporting the RGT burlap micarta scales (I really like these scales!). The G10 scales that came with the Shaman are not textured enough for my taste. I enjoy a "grippy" knife.
7. Manix 2 XL in S30V, factory scales, titanium cage.
8. Manix 2 in S30V, factory scales, also with the titanium cage.
9. Manix 2 in S110V, copper scales, brass cagePXL_20220601_005309857.jpg

Next 2 knives on my list: Native 5, Native 5 chief... Unless the Smock comes along anytime soon. REALLY waiting for that.

Next 2 knives on my list: Native 5, Native 5 chief... Unless the Smock comes along anytime soon. REALLY waiting for that.
You ever seen a Cricket? Neat little knives. Might want to add one to the collection.

Sent from my Champion Forge using Tapatalk

You ever seen a Cricket? Neat little knives. Might want to add one to the collection.

I have indeed, and perhaps it's wrong of me to judge that littler book by it's cover, but it seems really difficult to hold. I'm big on a confident grip, and I have really big hands (I'm 6' 6"). The Delica is about as small as I can go, really

Wouldn't you know, mere hours after posting that I want a Native, Spyderco announces that it'll be dropping a native sprint run with brown G10 and M390 steel. I can't wait!!

I have indeed, and perhaps it's wrong of me to judge that littler book by it's cover, but it seems really difficult to hold. I'm big on a confident grip, and I have really big hands (I'm 6' 6"). The Delica is about as small as I can go, really
I wear an XL glove. I'll post a picture holding one. Stand-by...

Edit: picture holding the cricket, not an XL glove. :D

I wear an XL glove. I'll post a picture holding one. Stand-by...

Edit: picture holding the cricket, not an XL glove. :D

Easy enough to get a grip on. Excuse the crud all over it. It's someone's "purse knife".

Edit, My middle finger sits in the finger groove in the handle and my pointer finger fits in the groove that's made when the blade opens up. For it's size, it's actually pretty dang comfortable. Surprisingly comfortable to use. With that blade geometry, it'd be a handy knife for cutting paper or opening boxes or something. Personally, I'm more of a fixed blade kinda person.
bc12e48874fda3f3030d775f5a13544d.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta add a “civilian” to that.
Now THAT is what we call a fightin' knife. I love the design! However, I'm going to pass because it's VG-10, which is just not in my wheelhouse for that style of blade. However, if they do a sprint in Cruwear or M390 or something, I'll be first in line for it!

Back