More health stuff.....need some prayers!!

MarcWeitz

With you on #1 and as far as #2. I had 3 stints put in April 16 last year (we joke about it being tax related). I hope that is all you'll have to deal with. Prayers for you and your family that the thoracic surgeon doesn't have to go to work.

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Thanks for the Prayers folks!! They worked!! :) They wheeled me in, and gave me just a dab of pain meds....and to my surprise, I was awake during the entire thing! There went in through my right wrist, and the inside of my right elbow joint..... there were some painful moments, when they were shoving the cath past a joint, or around a corner.... but nothing agonizing. The prayer that Chris posted was stuck in my head the entire time... so Chris.... know how much of an impact that post had on me! ;)

After it was over, the Doctor leaned over me and said..... "your arteries are pristine...they look like a 16 year old's." WOOT!! Praise God!

He did find some "slight" thickening of the walls of the upper right chamber, and said that is very likely due to the Lupus. I didn't know, and did learn that this Lupus stuff can be very devious. Doc said that very often Lupus has a cascade affect on the human body..... mine caused the interstitial lung disease, which in turn often causes various heart issues/diseases. He said that he feels because my heart has not yet been affected, he feels that the Lung Disease isn't progressing as rapidly as it normally does..... and Praise God thing for me!!

So, back home, and now I just have to goof off for a couple of days until the holes in my right wrist/arm heal up enough to not break open..... so guess I'll spend some time today, updating and writting some articles for the website.

Thank You simply doesn't cover how much gratitude I have for all of you, and your support/friendship! Love my Knifedogs family!!

Bruce McLeish

Not bad news to wake up to. For me either !
I'm glad you passed this test. Welcome home , ol friend. Now , git back to work , you been lollygagging long enough.

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Not bad news to wake up to. For me either !
I'm glad you passed this test. Welcome home , ol friend. Now , git back to work , you been lollygagging long enough.
That's what's killin me right now! I feel pretty good, and wanna get some work done....but they sent me home with a plastic splint on the right hand/wrist....and told me not to "use" the hand for 2 days! And Cindy already laid down the law about shop work :oops: ....which is why I'm on the computer right now. GRRRR! :)

MarcWeitz

Great news. Even better when you're up and about - you'll find your resting heart rate is that of an athlete. It'll be like nothing ever happened. Definitely good news.

chrisstaniar

You could probably sneak out and start the bandsaw slicing on that big hunk of damascus you made awhile back! ;)

On second thought, maybe not. Your wife will just smack you alongside the head with it.

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
You could probably sneak out and start the bandsaw slicing on that big hunk of damascus you made awhile back! ;)

On second thought, maybe not. Your wife will just smack you alongside the head with it.
:) As the old saying goes....there are only TWO things stopping me..... Fear, and common sense! (that would be the common sense to know EXACTLY what you said would happen!)