MikeL and KITH WIP

MikeL

KNIFE MAKER
I made the cut and am looking forward to participating in the KITH.

For a couple days I’ve been thinking what to make. I’ve decided on a new knife I designed a couple weeks ago. The aim of the knife is to be small enough for pocket carry. I’ve made two. One for my brother who makes my sheaths and one for me. He has not made the first sheath yet. It is also still in design. All we know for sure is the sheath will have a clip instead of a loop and the sheath will be leather. Attached is the first two. I’m thinking the third will be a KITH project.

Glad to be participating. Mike

ADED01EA-A503-4604-B964-298779382FF4.jpegCFCFE348-4AC7-474F-8BB9-9BF57476C6B9.jpegF644DA31-7C75-47F1-8401-70022CBDD289.jpeg

That looks like a handy little knife. I love those scales too. You've got one vote for the KITH entry.

Thanks for the input. I think that’s the direction I’ll go. Any preferences between 1095 or CPM154?

What a pleasant shock! The first two pics and then the in-hand pic showing the actual size, very nice!

Thanks for the input. I think that’s the direction I’ll go. Any preferences between 1095 or CPM154?
I'm a CPM154 kind of guy since I use it all the time for my folders. 1095 is a great steel as well. I don't think you could go wrong with either choice.

I'm a CPM154 kind of guy since I use it all the time for my folders. 1095 is a great steel as well. I don't think you could go wrong with either choice.

I really like the satin finish of a CPM154 blade but like the challenge of a hamon on 1095. Seems both keep a good edge. Still not sure which way to go but leaning towards 154 since I have some on hand.

Back