Might have effed up?

Windom Armory

So after quenching at midnight I fell asleep on the couch and left my blades in the temper oven for 8 hours. Should I requench or will blades be ok?

So after quenching at midnight I fell asleep on the couch and left my blades in the temper oven for 8 hours. Should I requench or will blades be ok?
KC is the expert here but I would say no. There may be a metallurgical reason I do not know of but my common sense says it will be fine like it is now.

You might have it figured out, but "Toaster Oven" and "Temper Knife Blades" are two terms that never go together in my mind. The temp swings are just too wide in my experience. That's not saying that with a LOT of work, a person couldn't make a toaster oven work for tempering....but no matter what the type of oven is...... if it varies up or down more then 25F from the set point..... then it's not viable for me.

You might have it figured out, but "Toaster Oven" and "Temper Knife Blades" are two terms that never go together in my mind. The temp swings are just too wide in my experience. That's not saying that with a LOT of work, a person couldn't make a toaster oven work for tempering....but no matter what the type of oven is...... if it varies up or down more then 25F from the set point..... then it's not viable for me.
I agree that toaster oven isn't the way to go. The temp swings are the exact reason I run it off a pid box. I have found that if I start the oven with knives in it the ramp is slow and temp holds within 3 once it gets there.

Back