Making a short sword/wakizashi build along.(Done!)

Justin Presson

Hey guys,
I'm going to give this YouTube thing a try and make a build along. This is Part one of making a short sword. I know nothing about traditional wakizashi's I have read a little. I just like the size and shape and thought it would be a fun first build to document. This will not be a traditional wakizashi but more my take.
If you have a few minutes and want to watch I would appreciate it. Please subscribe to my channel as well!!
Any feedback is welcomed.
Thanks
Justin

That was a good video. I like them in installments also. I don't usually have time to sit for much more than what you did there.

I really like the table for your bandsaw...it's simple and seems to work really well. The thing that I noticed right away was all the movement on the belt grinder. I only mention it because I think it may be affecting your grinding...though your finish work is always so fine I should prolly just shut up...lol. I do think you might enjoy it more if you weren't "chasing" it a bit...

Excellent video...right amount of talking, good sound, nice shop....I'll be watching more! Well done.

Hey guys,
I'm going to give this YouTube thing a try and make a build along. This is Part one of making a short sword. I know nothing about traditional wakizashi's I have read a little. I just like the size and shape and thought it would be a fun first build to document. This will not be a traditional wakizashi but more my take.
If you have a few minutes and want to watch I would appreciate it. Please subscribe to my channel as well!!
Any feedback is welcomed.
Thanks
Justin
Love it! Video editing was great ... everything you said was relevant and to the point. When I look at videos, I don’t really want to be entertained, I want to be educated. You did that. I think it’s very nice.

Very nice job I believe it's good to due it in segments that way no one gets bored or don't have the time too binge on a video.

That was a good video. I like them in installments also. I don't usually have time to sit for much more than what you did there.

I really like the table for your bandsaw...it's simple and seems to work really well. The thing that I noticed right away was all the movement on the belt grinder. I only mention it because I think it may be affecting your grinding...though your finish work is always so fine I should prolly just shut up...lol. I do think you might enjoy it more if you weren't "chasing" it a bit...

Excellent video...right amount of talking, good sound, nice shop....I'll be watching more! Well done.

Thank you and thanks for taking the time to watch and comment.

Yes I agree, I need to fasten the bandsaw down and secure the grinder more.
My grinder is on an EKG cart the clinic my wife works at was going to throw away. It is heavy duty and has wheels so I can go outside and grind, which I like to do. But I need to find a way to lift it off the wheels and have it on some blocks when not moving it.

Rick, Kevin, Brandant
I appreciate you guys taking the time and watching the video and giving me your feedback.

It is alot! harder then I thought it would be and doing the filming and editing from my phone complicated things more.

A cheap way to do it would be some angle iron fixed to the back of the cart that would bolt to the wall with some wingnuts or something... this is assuming you have brick walls vlose by, nit sure you want to bolt that to drywall

Thank you and thanks for taking the time to watch and comment.

Yes I agree, I need to fasten the bandsaw down and secure the grinder more.
My grinder is on an EKG cart the clinic my wife works at was going to throw away. It is heavy duty and has wheels so I can go outside and grind, which I like to do. But I need to find a way to lift it off the wheels and have it on some blocks when not moving it.

Well done!

I like that you get straight to it without too much preamble. Like Roxette said: don't bore us, get to the chorus. Lol

It's also quite well edited. For some reason I really like when the action is sped up.

Also, wow is your shop clean! Mine is such a mess I usually have to move 3 things to do 1 thing.

Keep 'em comin'

Well done!

I like that you get straight to it without too much preamble. Like Roxette said: don't bore us, get to the chorus. Lol

It's also quite well edited. For some reason I really like when the action is sped up.

Also, wow is your shop clean! Mine is such a mess I usually have to move 3 things to do 1 thing.

Keep 'em comin'

Thanks!
I just finished my shop so it looks really clean...as the series goes on lets see if I can keep it that way..lol

I like the timelapse sped up parts too. I had another version that was about 2 minutes longer and decided to speed it up and cut a few things out so it did not drag on. Im going to to keep them short and sweet.

Sure did! Where can I get me one of those?

I got it from Savoy leather he does some amazing holsters and leather work. I follow him on instagram and right around the election he made these up and was selling them. You might check and see if he has any more.

I got some work done on the Wakizashi. I'm working on editing it now, but until its uploaded to YouTube here is a sneak peek.
BThMmfj.jpg

Part 2 is live on the ol YouTube channel if you would like to check it out.
I tried to keep it short, original was over 16 minutes so I cut it down. I hope you all like it, Im trying hard here but tough to do. I see a computer in my future.
Please give any feedback on what you all might like to see more or less of in future videos.
Please subscribe if you have not!
Thanks
Justin

Back