Making a Liner Lock Tutorial using drill template patterns

coachcampana

I got both templates in the mail today. And the large folder is huge! It will definitely look badass when finished. I have two more customer orders to fill, then I should have some time to start on these folders.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I think this is absolutely great and I am going to get started but there seems to be a bit of a difference between this parts list and what is presented in the YouTube video. For example on the YouTube video a G10 space bar is used and on this parts list it says shoulder stop pins are needed as well as the 1/8 G10. Also, some of the drill bit sizes don’t match.

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
I think this is absolutely great and I am going to get started but there seems to be a bit of a difference between this parts list and what is presented in the YouTube video. For example on the YouTube video a G10 space bar is used and on this parts list it says shoulder stop pins are needed as well as the 1/8 G10. Also, some of the drill bit sizes don’t match.
1. use a back space bar, it's much easier other wise you have to get your blade thickness to exact size. using a space bar, the blade can be any thickness.
2. some size holes are undersized to ream up to or for tapping.
3. if you get stuck, post here or give me a call.

1. use a back space bar, it's much easier other wise you have to get your blade thickness to exact size. using a space bar, the blade can be any thickness.
2. some size holes are undersized to ream up to or for tapping.
3. if you get stuck, post here or give me a call.
Thanks Tracy.
Will do.
I have all the correct reams so I think I should be alright and I also ordered last night the #15 and #48 drill bit in addition to the other drill bits required.
Also, I wasn’t completely sure on the lengths of the screws so I ordered the 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2.

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
I use 1/2" screws for the spacer bar screws.
Say your back scale is .125", your back liner is .080", blade is .125" and front liner is .080" you are at .410" thick. (Edit, forgot two washers for another .030” total .440”)

You will countersink the back screws a bit but the 1/2" screws are best for this part.

Last edited:
I use 1/2" screws for the spacer bar screws.
Say your back scale is .125", your back liner is .080", blade is .125" and front liner is .080" you are at .410" thick.
You will countersink the back screws a bit but the 1/2" screws are best for this part.
Thanks Tracy!

By the way that drill template is absolute genius. It takes alot of the pressure off of building my first folder.