Maker’s Mark

yes...you have to leave it in sunlight or under a lamp for a bit to "develop" it and then rinse away the part with black ink on it. The hardens the template while the unexposed part under the black ink ill wash away. You can feel the emulsion is a bit thicker on one side of the mesh than the other. it will feel a bit smoother. That is the side you want ink on....

ALWAYS keep the unused portion in the blcak bag. When you prove out your design on paper...then print on the template paper in VERY low light....this will keep it "unexposed" for future use. Do you first test emultions on the bottom of the sheet so you can keep moving the design up and get many uses. If you work from the bottom up you can cut pieces off and still run it through the ink jet later for new designs/sizes.
So ink goes on smooth side, right? And I’m also a little confused about the high resolution paper??? Is that something that I have to get along with the pages from amazon? You gotta remember it takes me a while to catch on to things... I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer lol.

Also, I am having extreme difficulties finding a site where one can buy stencilpro hi-res 8.5 by 11 sheets. There are a couple website that will ship from Australia, but I would like to find a place closer... so I can get them quicker. Any ideas???

I'm sorry to hear of that option being discontinued, as I am looking for a new approach to etching my mark.
I don't know that the size of yours is bad (too big), but it might be for smaller knives. It does look like it could be sharper/more crisp tho.
I've been out of commission for about a year, but hope to be back making knives soon, and will be following this post. Thanks

I honestly think that the Cricut Air machine will do it with a fine blade. Im gonna give it another try momma is bringing the fine needle this week.
Bill, the lack of detail or crispness in the edges could very well be caused by my lack of experience when it comes to etching in general. I know that I have much to learn. Thanks for looking.

Back