made this for a friend

sethshaun

I was just messing around free handing with no fear of messing up and this funny critter kinda popped into existence. First person i showed thought it was crap but the Lady I made it for REALLY likes it.
2" 1095 3/16" thick blade hollow ground on 6" wheel
hidden tang
heated and smashed nickel hilt (wrong term for this shape?)
black spacer material and stainless pins
the handle is pieces of veneer glued together.
Criticism requested and encouraged.
Thank you for looking.

oh yeah this one came out soooper hard! Thats what i am most proud of.

Attachments

• DSC06705.jpg
    DSC06705.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC06706.jpg
    DSC06706.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC06707.jpg
    DSC06707.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 53
Yeah.....its pretty easy to put a nice finish on somthin ugly :D
That's what I learned on this one. I couldn't keep the blade to handle ratio aesthetically pleasing and keep it so it would fit a regular sized hand. Ok enough excuses. It was fun. I made somthing sharp from a piece of scrap lying on the table. I learn from experimenting.

Hey, that's a neat little knife. I have made more stuff from scrap and odds-n-ends that people think is really cool. I just hate to throw stuff away.2thumbs

If people didn't experiment, we would still be using sharp rocks instead of steel for knives. I say go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I say its a cool little knife! Most important is that the lady likes it. I have to say anything different is cool in my book. We have all seen the same ol blade made time and time again, sometimes its nice to see some thing different for a change.

With that said, well done!!!2thumbs

Keep it up.

Chris

Is it odd looking? Yes. The more I look at it, the more I think it would be very handy and that would make me forget about the proportions. I could see myself gutting a deer with it.

Back