Longhunter/Mountain Man Era...

P2209798.JPG

Here is a cheyenne style I did

What the hec am I doing wrong???

I know we have at least one expert maker here in that genre, and thats John Cohea.I'm very fortunate to have one of his Friction Folders, and its a beauty.Dave 2thumbs

Image_Knife.jpg

I can't take credit for that one it's John Cohea's fine piece. Beo-wulf does some really nice work too.Dave:)

Hey Appleby that's a real nice piece. A lot of the pieces I make have a lot of fringe, (twisted or straight) and I can tell you, the only thing more time consuming is beadwork.

Longunter...
ioerger-riflemans-2.jpg

laclair-riflemans-knife-sheath.jpg

Mountainman...
knifes-sheath-dumas-2-2.jpg

osage-spanish-trade-knife-1.jpg

knife-sheath-Cales-muela2-1.jpg

and my favorites to build - Indian....
Northern Plains
WildGoo-018-2.jpg

Southern Plains
cr-36-2.jpg

cr-36-4.jpg

Lots more on my website - also some tomahawks....

Fantastic work Chuck; I've been visiting Wild Rose for a very long time, (got your site in "My Favorites" on my PC) You folks "set the bar" for the quality of "period" type sheaths that others should be judged by. I've been making "period" sheaths for years and realize all of the work that goes into them, from the stitching, beading, fringing, etc. it's very time consuming, yet gratifying. Thanks for the picts. Scalphunter.

Last edited:
Hey Appleby; Isn't nothing wrong with "plain and simple". I wouldn't wear anything super fancy into the "woods" or to lake,,,who would want to do repairs to the sheath everytime it got jabbed or scraped by branches, rocks, etc. Later, Scalphunter.

Last edited:
Some really great work guys and Chuck as always my friend, you set the bar.Awesome.Dave2thumbs

Chuck, I have been amazed by your work since the first time I saw it. The amount of detail just blows me away. Thanks for the pics. Denny

Back