Liner Lock. Take 2.

Entropy762

Well-Known Member
#3
Spent some time this afternoon and cut out the blade and liners. I think I'm going to revise my template. I super glue both of the liners together cor drilling and shaping. Since both liners have the same template one gets taken off when glued together. I had to order a 4-40 tap since the one I had seemed to disappear.

Jacob
 

Attachments

Last edited:

Entropy762

Well-Known Member
#4
More shop time today. I drilled and reamed the blade and the liners for the pivot pin. Since I don't have a pivot I made one out of drill rod. My first whoops was I drilled the lock bar relief hole through both liners. No big deal as it will be covered by scales. Just shows a lack of attention to detail.

Jacob
 

Attachments

#8
Well another whoops. One my first liner lock I used about four or five of the small Dremel cut off discs. While in town the other day I picked up the larger Dremel cut off discs that use the locking arbor. Big mistake. Once the disc cut through it caught and spun the center off the disc. I managed to ruin three of them.
I did manage to get the rear space done.

Jacob
 

Attachments

#10
I'm using the EZ lock cut off disc in my drill press. I clamp the liner in a vice and slide it back and forth. So there is really no control or stability. I think I might make a fixture for my lathe milling attachment for cutting the lock bar next time.

Jacob
 
Top