liner lock material?

yeah, 416 ss is the second most common. i have trouble finding it thicker than .062" though.

Yep! Sure it can...in fact if you use something like 410 or 417, you can get away without heat treating it...but of course heat treating it will result in a better overall folder.

Ti has become the "standard" for liners mainly because of it's working consistency (once you learn/understand how to work with it, it rarely changes, even with various grades), it's light weight, and it's ability to be used for folders without requiring any heat treating. Overall Titanium's characteristics make it the current ideal liner material.

It's funny, today I was working on two sets of .050 Ti liners....when I was choosing which piece to use from the rack, I pulled out three different pieces to look at, and noticed they still had the "stickers" on them...all were 12"x12" pieces, that I had purchased over the last 5 years. Comparing the prices was somewhat shocking...the least lowest prices was $9.95, and the newest piece was marked at $32! DARN! Nearly a quadruple price increase in 5 years! If I had increased the overall prices of my folders that much, in that time frame, I'd likely be working at Walmart! Makes me think I need to examine my pricing structure.

Back