Last Hammer-In... Hint Hint

Bill Hubbell

KNIFE MAKER
I was pretty out of the loop for about a year, but got back a month or two ago.
Thing is- I keep wondering if there's any thoughts or talk (Boss Dog) about a future hammer-in. I made it to the last one (in 2016?), and was so glad I did.
I was amazed. I've only been to a couple other smaller hammer-ins, which were good too, so I'm no authority, but I very much appreciated what this bunch did in Mankato that year!
I don't know how it plays out financially for Midwest Knifemaker, but I figure it can't be just about the money, since putting on an event like that would be quite a project (and costly). The vast line-up of skilled teachers.... and getting to meet some of the guys I ' knew' on-line from here was great, And, just the general feel of hospitality and the fact that there was something there for everyone, regardless of your skill level or area of focus - THUMBS UP!

It looks like the event must be more of a 'labor of love' for all those who make it happen.

But anyway, if this post gets some more dogs barking for another treat like that, so be it!

Yeah, I'm hungry for another KD Hammer-In!, but also realize maybe it's just not feasible now.
So, either way, thanks for the last one and thanks for making Knife Dogs happen!

Bill

We had fun at those. We are transitioning now to sponsoring the Midwest Knifemakers Guild (no connection to our business, just a name that fit) and quarterly events. Check out the facebook page Midwest Knifemakers Guild for upcoming events.

Back