Lanyard Tube Sizing

opaul

I typically use 1/4" tube for my lanyard tube and use a 1/4" drill bit for the lanyard hole which makes for a no fit. To make it fit I chuck the 1/4" tube in my portable drill and turn the grinder on slow speed. the combination of running the drill against the running belt takes off just enough for a tight fit and plus it roughs up the lanyard tube for glue up. Many ways to accomplish this with the right combination of tube and drill bit sizes but this is how I do mine.

I was fortunate enough to work for a company that regularly stocked reamers in nearly every imaginable size, and tossed them out regularly. I was allowed to collect the “burned up” reamers, and I would cut off the tip and re-dress the tip with a bevel. They work like a charm.
I just use a .251 reamer and use my grinder and drill similarly to you and just cut some grooves in the tube. A lot of ways to skin the same cat.

I do that with my pins also. I cant
I typically use 1/4" tube for my lanyard tube and use a 1/4" drill bit for the lanyard hole which makes for a no fit. To make it fit I chuck the 1/4" tube in my portable drill and turn the grinder on slow speed. the combination of running the drill against the running belt takes off just enough for a tight fit and plus it roughs up the lanyard tube for glue up. Many ways to accomplish this with the right combination of tube and drill bit sizes but this is how I do mine.
There is also that satisfying feeling when you get that tube to the right size and it fits perfectly. unless that’s just me.

Back