Knifemaker authenticity note

Von Gruff

KNIFE MAKER
I have decided to include a note of authenticity in with my knives and wondered how many of you do the same. This is what I came up with for mine and will include one with all knives ordered now.

w2lNUaTl.jpg

I think that is a good idea. I do something similar but it is more of a how to take care of your high carbon steel knife. I do include signature, date and type of steel and wood on the note.

I have reconfigured the note to have my Trinity logo at the top so will get some new ones printed up next week.

I was thinking of including a note that said I made it, what it was made out of and a little ditty on how it should be taken care of.

I've got a post here somewhere that had the verbiage for my packing note.
here it is, always a work in progress though....

Thank you for buying one of my custom handmade knives! ___________________________________
Your custom knife is made of high carbon steel and the following instructions will assist in keeping it looking great. The wood on you knife is ____________________________________________.
Your knife will begin to develop a patina over time which is normal and the nature of high carbon steel. Cutting acidic foods such as lemon and onion will stain and accelerate the patina process.
High carbon steel will rust if you do not take care of it. To prevent rust, keep your knife clean and dry after use and apply a light coating of firearm or vegetable oil. As an alternative you may wax your knife; Renaissance® wax is a good choice and can also be used to care for your leather sheath. Do not clean or wash you knife in a dish washer.
For very long term storage, store your knife outside it's sheath. The chemicals used in tanning of leather sometimes react with moisture in the air, causing the steel to rust.

Back