Knife sharpening using the Bubble Jig.

Fred Rowe

This video demonstrates how to use the Jig to establish a symmetric even edge on a blade.
It is very simple and very effective in producing a straight and even edge from ricasso to tip.

Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Fred

[video=youtube;-ODlCMn_G-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ODlCMn_G-M [/video]

Last edited:

Wayne Coe

Forum Owner - Moderator
Fred, another fine video. They seem to just get better.
I made a "Knife Dogs Knife" at the New England School of Metalwork while I was teaching there and used my new Bubble Jig to finish the forged bevels. After a little bit of practice I was moving on along. Thanks.

Fred Rowe

Fred, very informative video.
Thanks Johnny glad you found it useful.

Fred, another fine video. They seem to just get better.
I made a "Knife Dogs Knife" at the New England School of Metalwork while I was teaching there and used my new Bubble Jig to finish the forged bevels. After a little bit of practice I was moving on along. Thanks.
Morning Wayne,
Its good to hear that your trip went well. I was a little concerned about your stop at IG's.

I learn a little more each time we make a new video. If I live long enough I may head out to California and try my luck.cool 1

Stay in touch, Fred

Fred Rowe

Very nice tool Fred.
Thanks, it has a lot of uses in the shop, I find new ones all the time.

great video Fred..as always..thanks for all u do!
You are quite welcome. My son, Kevin shoots the videos and edits for me. He is due much of the credit.

Good video, I like the diamond sharpener, what grit is it?

ernie balch
Hi Ernie,
Its a 4" x 10" inch surface which is nice for the big knives I make. I believe its med on one side and fine on the other. It cost a hundred bucks and when I bought it, seemed like a lot of money but it has paid for itself many times over.