knife handle texture question

graveyard

i would like to add a texture to a neck knife im thinking maybe jb weld then touch with steel wool before it drys i dont like para cord any ideas welcome

What about some ray skin or something similar? Or you could wrap with strips of cloth and dip it in epoxy?

If you're using sythetic handle material (Micarta, G10, etc)heres something that I did in my early years....

Get the handle to about 95% shaped and finished.....then take a small drill bit (way back, I did it with a 3/32" bit and a hand drill), "Dimple" the entire surface, being careful not to go too deep. Then finish the handle with whatever your final grit will be. Its kind of a crude method, but it will be FAR better then the JB weld thing. The whole "trick" to doing this is to have the handle to the point that after you "dimple" it, all thats left is a VERY light cleanup with your final grit.

I know you said you did not want to wrap it in cord but if you soak the cord in epoxy after it makes a tough textured handle.

i like the idea of ray skin id like to not add scales to it i dont like with in a 1000 miles of a ocean

Back