knife design software

Daniel Macina

This is kinda a long shot but i'm curious if anyone knows of any design software for knives that runs on a chromebook? I picked up a Chromebook that was on sale because i was tired of doing everything on my phone. The downside is it doesn't run windows or mac like most software requires. I don't really need any program to design my knives but it would come in handy somtimes. Any suggestions?

Fusion 360 by autodesk. Its CAD software and there is a large learning curve but there are a ton of youtube tutorials and fusion 360 is free for startups and hobby users. Its cloud based and should run fine on a chromebook. My surface pro runs it fine.

Fusion 360 by autodesk. Its CAD software and there is a large learning curve but there are a ton of youtube tutorials and fusion 360 is free for startups and hobby users. Its cloud based and should run fine on a chromebook. My surface pro runs it fine.

Thank you! I will look into it!

In case anyone else has this question here's what i ended up doing. The fushion 360 didn't end up working because it looks like you have to at least have the software installed on a different computer or have to install a few different things on chromebook that gets around some of chromebooks different quirks that i wasn't confortable doing. So I figured out there is a website called Rollapp that allows you to run Inkscape through the cloud. You do have to pay a small fee if you want to save your work but I don't mind. Not even $100 a year I don't think.

In case anyone else has this question here's what i ended up doing. The fushion 360 didn't end up working because it looks like you have to at least have the software installed on a different computer or have to install a few different things on chromebook that gets around some of chromebooks different quirks that i wasn't confortable doing. So I figured out there is a website called Rollapp that allows you to run Inkscape through the cloud. You do have to pay a small fee if you want to save your work but I don't mind. Not even $100 a year I don't think.
I was going to recommend Inkscape but I wasn't sure if it would work on a Chromebook. Good to know you found something that works.

I was going to recommend Inkscape but I wasn't sure if it would work on a Chromebook. Good to know you found something that works.

Now for the hard part figuring out how the heck to use it! HAHAHA!

Dont plan on using it much but I have a little folder floating around in my head.....

Now for the hard part figuring out how the heck to use it! HAHAHA!

Dont plan on using it much but I have a little folder floating around in my head.....
Inkscape is a nice little program. There are a number of tutorials included with it and also on their website. If you run into problems with it I might be able to help, depending.

Back