Just wanted to update everyone

Vombrown

Dealer - Purveyor
Ed....you should also stop shooting those tasty critters that you are eating. By the way, the mule deer are homing in on the front porch again this season so we can have coffee on the deck while we hunt!

Doug Lester

Be patient with the results of the mold/fungus culture. They're not fast growing organisms and it may take a couple of months to get the final results back. Great to hear that they eliminated lymphoma though.

Doug

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
FINALLY! Some movement. I have an appointment with the interstitial Lung Disease dept at the University of Washington, on 14 Nov @ 1pm! After speaking with the med center representative yesterday, my suspicions were confirmed in that the right hand wasn't communicating with the left hand. (why things were dragging along) Even though my local Doc/Case Mgr assured me a number of times that all the required notes/records, etc had been sent, The U of W Rep asked about several specific CTs, tests, and results that he said had been promised to him, but never received. :rolleyes: So, that means Ed will be making the rounds today, picking up copies of records, and then not only faxing them, but also hand carrying copies to the visit.

What exactly is going on with me is still somewhat of a mystery. The theories right now from the Docs is Toxic mold poisoning, which is causing fibrosis in my lungs, and all the associated symptoms/issues, OR Pulmonary Fibrosis. They know the mold is there, but treatment cannot take place until they positively identify the mold type....which is at minimum, a month long process. My hope is it's all about the mold, because the Pulmonary Fibrosis is the one that can't be cured, and is progressive....and has the potential to end my knifemaking career.

The up side is all I have to do is make travel and lodging arrangements, and turn it all in for reimbursement when we get home....hopefully with a lot more knowledge/answers than what we have right now. Thanks you everyone for you prayers, thoughts, and well wishes..... words can't say how much it's appreciated.

Last edited:

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
Good news Ed. Its very frustrating that in medicine, and every other area of life it seems, you have to do everybody's job for them.

Hopefully though you're getting one step closer to getting this figured out and treated.

KenH

Hang in there Ed, we're all Praying for you. From a selfish standpoint, WE (forum folks) need your knowledge so NEED you making knives for a LONG time!!! We also value you so we want you to get well.