J2N and Shane Claiborne

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
I went to J2N “Jesus to the nations" a mission conference in Halifax on Saturday (I try and go every year). The only plenary speaker I got to see was Shane Claiborne. He certainly challenges us to look hard at what we as Christians are doing. I know I do not feel lead to sell everything and go live with the poor, however I do feel convicted that I have been too miserly with God’s money. After all everything I have has been a gift of God. One story Shane told was of a street kid he met in India. This Boy had nothing and Shane bought him an ice cream cone for his birthday. The boy’s immediate reaction was to gather all his friends so they could share his gift. That blew me away.

Anybody got any views on Shane?

Here is Shane's web page
h ttp://www.thesimpleway.org/shane/
One of his big things "Church's need statements of practice as much as statements of faith"

Jesus to the Nations is great I have had the privilage of hearing some of the giants of the faith over the years.
Brother Andrew "Gods Smuggler" The guy who smuggled bibles into USSR and China
Mr I. (He has many people who want to do him harm) He was a Islamic Jahadist that vowed to carry out a suicide mission. He got saved and was thrown in jail sentenced to die. Now he is a baptist preacher working with immigrants.
Don Richardson he worked with Headhunters in the 70's. They would have killed him in a heart beat if it was not for God
Pat Hobbs 17 years of working in the slums of Manilla. Where poor is beyond north american poor, and life is cheep.

These are just a few of the speakers they have had over the years. Let me tell you God is doing Big things around the world.
h ttp://www.jesustothenations.com/home/

Back