Inlay and Lacing tutorials

Discussion in 'Knife Sheaths' started by DC KNIVES, Sep 27, 2009.

1. DC KNIVES

DC KNIVES Guest

Here's a couple of tutorials Linda and I did.Now we aren't pro photographers but we tried and later we will change out the pics.It should be enough to get you going.I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have.Dave2thumbs

Go to the Knife Info Page on my website and pick the tutorial you want to see.
    http://dcknivesandleather.blademakers.com/

Thanks to Mt.Mike Bartol, my good friend, for letting me use his knife and sheath in doing this

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009
  2. MtMike

MtMike Member

What an amazing piece of work Dave :D Many thanks my friend, it's even more beautiful than I'd expected!
    I bought the knife from Art Lynn at PKa last month, and I knew immediately that it needed Dave's fine touch. I've always wanted one of his laced specials, and I can't wait to put it on my belt!
    For those of you who are interested in details (like knives) this one is Art's version of the classic Case 5172 pattern, known both as Bulldog and Buffalo (depending on when it was made), almost 4" blade length. Art is a NM maker, makes his own damascus, jigs and stains his own bone handles. I fell in love with several of his knives, but only had the $$ for this one :)
    Thanks again Dave, and congrats to you and Linda for these great tutorials dancing dog

Mike

3. Tod Lowe

Tod Lowe Well-Known Member

Great stuff man. The tutorials or great. I will be using them.
    All your sheaths on your website look amazing but those roses and flowers are off the hook. Very beautiful works of art.

4. Eli Gautreaux

Eli Gautreaux Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff Dave, thanks for taking the time to do all this!

I need to give that lacing a try.

5. WadeH

WadeH Well-Known Member

Nice job Dave. Thanks for all of your hard work to make this a lot easier for the rest of us. It is much appreciated.

6. John M Cohea

John M Cohea Well-Known Member

Very informitve Dave. Thanks for taking the time!

7. Denny Eller

Denny Eller Well-Known Member

Great work, Dave and thanks for sharing your techniques with us. I think I got it all up until the lacing part but I think that will come with doing it a few hundred times.

8. Meridian Blades

Meridian Blades Moderator - Knife Maker

Great tutorials

Great tutorials Dave...You make it look easy. I think the idea of transferring an image to leather is interesting. I maybe contacting you for that.

Thanks for taking the time to do the tutorials and posting the info here.

Larry

9. standingbear

standingbear Well-Known Member

Nice tutorials thanks, love the lacing on the edge,
    it really finished a good looking sheath 2thumbs

10. NoahL

NoahL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tutorial, Dave!

~Noah

11. Bennie Lovejoy

Bennie Lovejoy Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave. Exactly what I was wanting to know on the inlay.