Inlay and Lacing tutorials

D

DC KNIVES

Here's a couple of tutorials Linda and I did.Now we aren't pro photographers but we tried and later we will change out the pics.It should be enough to get you going.I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have.Dave2thumbs

Go to the Knife Info Page on my website and pick the tutorial you want to see.
http://dcknivesandleather.blademakers.com/

Thanks to Mt.Mike Bartol, my good friend, for letting me use his knife and sheath in doing this

Last edited by a moderator:
What an amazing piece of work Dave :D Many thanks my friend, it's even more beautiful than I'd expected!
I bought the knife from Art Lynn at PKa last month, and I knew immediately that it needed Dave's fine touch. I've always wanted one of his laced specials, and I can't wait to put it on my belt!
For those of you who are interested in details (like knives) this one is Art's version of the classic Case 5172 pattern, known both as Bulldog and Buffalo (depending on when it was made), almost 4" blade length. Art is a NM maker, makes his own damascus, jigs and stains his own bone handles. I fell in love with several of his knives, but only had the $$ for this one :)
Thanks again Dave, and congrats to you and Linda for these great tutorials dancing dog

Mike

Tod Lowe

Great stuff man. The tutorials or great. I will be using them.
All your sheaths on your website look amazing but those roses and flowers are off the hook. Very beautiful works of art.

WadeH

Nice job Dave. Thanks for all of your hard work to make this a lot easier for the rest of us. It is much appreciated.

Denny Eller

Great work, Dave and thanks for sharing your techniques with us. I think I got it all up until the lacing part but I think that will come with doing it a few hundred times.

Meridian Blades

Moderator - Knife Maker
Great tutorials

Great tutorials Dave...You make it look easy. I think the idea of transferring an image to leather is interesting. I maybe contacting you for that.

Thanks for taking the time to do the tutorials and posting the info here.

Larry