I'm selling out.

Don Robinson

I'm selling all my knifemaking and machine shop equipment. I'm almost 80 years old, and back problems and strokes have made it too hard for me to get around.

I'll fabricate jewelry and paint instead. :s12205:

Here is a list. For details about anything please contact me.

Thanks.

Don I wish you all the best,but it is truly sad we are loosing a master in the knife world to the keepers :)

Erik

Don - I wish you the very best. I agree "it is truly sad we are loosing a master in the knife world".

I hope you keep on sharing your knowledge here on KD.

DeMo

Good to hear you're going to stay at it with the jewelry and painting. I think its really important for creative people to be creative; no matter what the venue. Enjoy that, Fred

From one native Texan to another........I wish ya the best. I am getting up in years myself and I've been tempted to give up my knife works and gourd art and do nothing but paint on canvas........I'm from Palestine, Tx and I wish you the very BEST in the years ahead......

BTW, what kind of painting are you doing? I do Native American, abstract and Seascapes.......I've had one man shows all around Texas and now in AL. I've had two shows at Heritage Hall here in Talladega, AL. If would like, I could post some of my art here if that's OK?

Don,
I wish you all the best in your future efforts. Please don't leave us altogether,we need your experience and guidance.
I'm looking over your list,there are some things I would like to have,I'm thinking...

Don,
I wish you all the best in your future efforts. Please don't leave us altogether,we need your experience and guidance.
I'm looking over your list,there are some things I would like to have,I'm thinking...

I'll be here, Calvin. Better hurry, some are already sold.

Thanks.

Yes, please stay around even if you can't do the physical work any more. You've still got a
lot to pass on.

On moving on: when my dad got to his mid-80's he decided that pulling silkscreens, which he'd
been doing since retiring, was getting to be too much work so he took up watercolor and started
backpacking his easel into fairly easy creeks, etc.

For sure I'm sorry to read this, Don, but I know your loving for the making has been overcome by the need for more quiet things. I expect the jewelry thing will certainly fill your time. Frank

Hello Don , I did not know you very well but, I appreciate your contribution to the knifemaking industry and also your great books .

Good luck and stay safe . additionally I am interested in the RC tester ! if you still have it ? Drop me PM if you have time ... regards Bubba-san

Don, Like the others here I hate to see you stop making knives but fully understand the pain involved. You still need to straighten us young pups out here on the forums from time to time so please don't sign off from us. I for one would love to see some of your jewelry and maybe even a WIP on something. Most of us have always wanted to make jewelry.

Don, Sorry to see that you will not be making more knives but i am glad that you have found another outlet for your skills. I have found that having something to direct my attention towards when I'm down for a bit aids in getting me back to health. ,Take care Dan

Sure. Do that, Dave. I'm a realist. Mostly landscapes, old barns, etc. I paint from photos.

I'll try to get some on here.......so for I've not had a whole lot of good luck.....

Attachments

• PA280009.jpg
    PA280009.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 15
  • P1040042.jpg
    P1040042.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Alamo Knife.jpg
    Alamo Knife.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 16
  • P1040074.jpg
    P1040074.jpg