How to move my new toy

J

JTknives

In 2 hrs i am picking up my new "old" Champion leather sewing machine. This thing is a beast and i am wondering how i am to move it in the back of the truck. here are 2 pictures of it so you can get an idea of its size :D

DSC02820.JPG

DSC02821.JPG

I guess i could unbolt the head from the base so its not so top heavy. I was going to bolt it to a pallet and then run some straps around it. but O man i am so excited, and to think i am getting it for only 200 bucks :D

If taking a lot of soft 'stuff' and laying it down, face down looks doable, then I'd have a couple of ropes and assuming you're using a truck, go from one corner, around the machine then down to the other corner, do the same with the second rope but from the opposite end of the box and cinch it up tight.

Actually that front panel is maybe not sturdy enough to lay the machine onto, now that I look at the pic again.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I moved my old surface grinder I hired a wrecker to come out and load it on my truck then he followed me home and unloaded it. It was $75 well spent in my opinion. It kept me from hurting myself or tearing up my new purchase.

SDS

JT, you might try to find someone with a low trailer. That, at least, would be a lot easier than trying to lift that monster on to a pickup bed.

ReconMarine

Jt,
I have watched your video enough I feel like I know you. Good stuff.
If I was close I would come and give you a hand with moving that sewing machine.
I would just muscle it in with some friends and strap it tight to four corners of the truck bed.
Does the machine work?

Im sure you have it home by now.

Jt,
I have watched your video enough I feel like I know you. Good stuff.
If I was close I would come and give you a hand with moving that sewing machine.
I would just muscle it in with some friends and strap it tight to four corners of the truck bed.
Does the machine work?

Im sure you have it home by now.

Yep i have it home now. now begens the long process of cleaning the baby.

Back