Hospital

Tom Militano

KNIFE MAKER
I got released from the hospital, after about four or five days. I had a very serious infection in my left leg, it was three times it's normal size and blood red from the knee down. The doctor called it cellulitis. The had me on IV's loaded with some potent antibiotics. I have to lay flat with my leg elevated for a week or more and I'm still taking strong antibiotics. The leg is still swollen, but nothing like it was and most of the redness is gone. I have a new motor and some parts for my bead blast cabinet in my shop I want to go play with, but my wife threatened me big time if I try to head in the direction. Actually she grounded me, because that's what she promised my doctor that's what she would do. I have to be good or my doctor told me he'd put me back in the hospital. Oh well, time to catch up on my reading.

Tom

Do what you're told Tom.
My dad has the same problem, I'm always amazed at the size his leg can expand to. It looks like it'll explode if you look at it too hard. Get well soon.

Rudy

Tom,
I know lying around while you're waiting to heal can be mind numbingly painful at times. I've had to do it plenty of times.

Do what they say and you will be back in the shop soon.

Rest up and heal quickly.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I'd be more apt to defy the doctor than the wife. Actually the antibiotics seem to be working better than the IV. The leg is a lot cooler than it was and the swelling is about 1/3 rd of what it was. My doctor still wants me off the leg for another week. I know you'll find this hard to believe, but I'm actually doing what he told me, mainly because I trust him, he likes guns and knives.

I'm going stir crazy laying around doing nothing. I've already finished up all my coloring books and ate the crayons. The red ones taste the best by the way. I'm almost done with my second book since I've been home, another W.E.B. Griffin novel. I've been laying in bed thinking about knives I've got on my bench that I need finish up. I have a friend who's son is in Special Forces that's wanting a knife like the hollow handled one I made for the young man in the 82nd Airborne Div. The hollow handles that Tracy sells are great. The fit and finish is way above what I expected when I bought the first one. Tracy doesn't sell any junk, so he's my go to man for supplies. My wife just came in, like the warden, and informed me I'm supposed to be flat in bed, so I better hit the sack. Later

Tom

Tom, sorry to hear you are grounded. Your wife is a keeper. Get well friend.

Last edited:
Yup, she's a keeper Bruce. We'll be married 52 years in November. She just went o pick up some medications that my doctor called in, so I slipped in here to my computer to check the forum. The swelling in my leg has gone down a lot, but it's still swollen a good bit. It doesn't hurt and never did. The nurses in hospital couldn't believe that it didn't hurt. They said I either have a high tolerance for pain, but I think it's because my leg is to far from my brain to register pain. Here comes my wife down the driveway, so I better act like I've been laying in bed. Thanks for the well wishes Bruce.

Still having problems with the leg. I have to see my doctor Tuesday and we'll see what happens then. I have a feeling he'll put me back in the hospital because the swelling has only gone down so far and hasn't budged anymore. If he'll let me take my grinders, milling machine, drill press, blade stock, and my heat treating oven with me I might agree.

Back