Hospital, Again

Tom Militano

KNIFE MAKER
I just got out of the hospital, again. I was very short of breath and my doctor took one look at me and told me to go straight to the hospital, the paperwork would be waiting on me when I got there. The problem stemmed from the fluids I was retaining. They gave me 240 mg of Lasix in one day, 80 mg at a time and 160 mg a day for the rest of the time I was there. Twenty six hours later I had gotten rid of 19 pounds of fluids. Before I left I had gotten rid of a total of 26 pounds of fluids. I feel pretty good now and he told me he didn't even want to hear that I've used salt for any reason. Not a problem, it convinced me I don't need the stuff. He asked what I use when I grind, he likes knives and guns, and I told him I use a MSA full face mask with a top of the line filter and a pre-filter. I don't even sand anything without it on. I didn't really need a bed in the hospital, I spent all my time in the bathroom. He told me to stay out of the shop for a week.

Sorry to hear you've been back in. I spend more time than I like there.

I use a full face mask Air Shield type in the shop for about everything, I want to save whats left of my lungs. :)

Hope you have a run of good shop time coming up; it seems to help smooth life out a little, for me anyhow. Take that week off to relax and get back on your feet.

Regards, Fred

Tom, take some time off and rest. Get better soon.
Take up Soduko...

Tom,
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Now, LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR! LOL.

Seriously, I gave up salt in my 20s and don't miss it at all. One day I read the back of a bunch of food boxes and there was salt in every one! So I just stopped adding table salt to any food I ate and within about two weeks my taste buds cleared up and from then on I can stand anything with added salt.

So design some knives, get out in the fresh air, catch up here or write a letter to someone you haven't heard from in a long while! The week will be over fast.

Back