HF modified

Rey

Looking for pics of modified HF 1x30 belt sander into a knife sharpening system with stainless rod as guide + knife holder. After seeing how AMK75 is made surely, the HF sander can be made to function the same or close to it. I do freehand sharpening and would like to convert my HF sander any pics and comment greatly appreciated.

Hi Rey. I have a modified HF 1x30. It doesn't have a guide rod but does have a guide mounted to the grinder. I'll try to get you some pictures later today. I purchased the AMK75 last year at the Blade Show at a "show price". It's without a doubt the best money I've ever spent in the shop. I used to hand sharpen with a KME and hated it. It took forever to get an edge even with the diamond stones. With the AMK75 I no longer dread sharpening new knives but look forward to it.

I would appreciate the pictures on the modified HF 1x30 and thanks for your reply.

Here's a pic of the way I had it set up when I used it. Mounted to the bench horizontally. I've misplaced the file guide but have a pic of it too. Ordered it from Amazon.

G0001e.jpg

Angle Guide.JPG

Some disadvantages to this set up is, no guide rod so it takes a some practice. 1X30 runs a little fast so you have to be careful about overheating a blade especially at higher grits.

Looking for pics of modified HF 1x30 belt sander into a knife sharpening system with stainless rod as guide + knife holder. After seeing how AMK75 is made surely, the HF sander can be made to function the same or close to it. I do freehand sharpening and would like to convert my HF sander any pics and comment greatly appreciated.
Hey Rey! Did you ever make the stainless rod guide + knife holder for your sharpener? I'm in a similar situation and was thinking about making something similar to the AMK75 set up.

Back