Hello from Western NC

copperhead

Been lurking here for a bit. I have become disabled in my last working years. Can't do much now but the bright side of it is more time for knives. Keeps my mind occupied. I am in the learning process of slow rust bluing now. It's interesting to see the rust that I have fought for years suddenly turn to such a nice finish. Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the information, tips and tricks I have picked up here.

Last edited:
Been lurking here for a bit. I have become disabled in my last working years. Can't do much now but the bright side of it is more time for knives. Keeps my mind occupied. I am in the learning process of slow rust bluing now. It's interesting to see the rust that I have fought for years suddenly turn to such a nice finish. Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the information, tips and tricks I have picked up here.
Welcome!

We have a good bunch at the Tryon Arts + Craft Forge in Tryon if not to far for you send me a PM

Thanks, there will be a hammer in at Haywood Community College in March in case you don't know about. I think that is pretty close to Rutherford County.

We have a good group local to Rutherford and Polk County of knife makers and a blacksmith group. I was lucky enough to to stumble across after a beginner class at Tryon Arts + Crafts. Missed the Haywood Hammer in last year but planning to go this year all feedback from folks that went last year it is awesome. It is hosted at the Community College nd is also associated with ABS

Back