Hello from Indiana

rob45

Figured I would drop in, introduce myself, and say hello to all.

My name is Robert.

A while back I purchased the NWGS plans so as to replace a shop-built unit which utilized larger (more expensive) belts. It was both simpler and more economical to start from scratch than modify the larger unit.
The purchase of those plans were followed by orders for various parts. Great service, and the website led me to this forum.

My experience with making blades has centered around stock removal methods; however, I do have limited experience forging decorative household items out of various scrap, so forged blades are certainly on the horizon. I'm still in the process of constructing a gas forge; although making/prepping charcoal and pushing a bellows is thought provoking and relaxing, it can certainly present its own set of challenges.:les:

In the meantime, hello to all. Seems like a great group to be around.

Hey Rob, welcome to the pack. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask - there is a ton of knowledge within this dog house.

Rob just beware not everybody is on the level here......There are weird people like me that live in Cali....and I think we are about to fall off into the ocean and that would be fine with me.:p Welcome so far I have enjoyed my stay here and am learning a lot from some very nice people!

Take Care............Off I goooooo

Kris

Back