Hello From Fl.

Born Louisiana and live in central Fl. north of Tampa . Retired from doing wildlife control. Been building gator hunting equipment probably 25 years. It has gotten old to me so looking at this to get me passionate about my shop again. Almost done with my GIB build and still researching all the info out here.

Welcome from Clearwater cooter.

You do some fantastic work. Gorgeous knives. I had to laugh tho when I took your shop tour. Your shop looks like a surgical center compared to mine. I am a virgin when it comes to knife building. I have good common sense , not a machinist but find my way around my lathe and 2 mills. I have plasma, welders, drill presses and more tools than I care to think about. I just built my first GIB grinder, I put a 3 hp 3 phase Baldor and a KBAC 29 VFD. I don't even have a belt to fit it. LOL. I have built Gator hunting equipment for 25 + years and have gotten burnt out. Now I am hoping to find a passion for this so I can enjoy my shop till the age thing gets me. Anyway heres is my maybe soon to close website. www.huntfishsupply.com Thanks

I am researching everywhere and everything I can so MAYBE I can avoid some mistakes others have made. Been a member of another forum for a few years, read a couple books . Starting to get serious and spent a pretty decent amount of $$$$ building this 2 x 72 grinder. Thanks everyone for the welcoming. Ya'll be safe

Thank you sir. The one thing I think that will help me with this adventure is having pride in what I make. I am not great at any one thing but my best pleases me, and that is what matters. If we are lucky, we have 80 summers on this side of the dirt, I have used up most of them so I gotta get busy if this goes in my farewell resume. :D

Cooter, there's a pretty good knife show in Lakeland every year at the end of January. you might want to go and check it out.
It's put on by the gator cutlery club. it's a mix of factory, antique and custom knives.

That sounds like something I would enjoy. I know I will hear about it as it gets closer. I was wondering if and when there might be something somewhere in the state. Thank you I will try to make it there. Be safe

Back