Hatcher Bybee Bowies

Shawn Hatcher

I just finished the first three prototypes of my new Bybee Bowie pattern. I was shooting for a mid-sized utility clip-point that can handle a wide variety of tasks. One is N690 and two are O1.

The N690 knife has maple burl scales (stabilized and dyed by Faron Moore), copper liners and pins with an etched/tumbled finish. The first O1 knife has green canvas scales, orange G10 bolsters/liners/dividers and black canvas pins with an etched/tumbled finish. The second O1 knife has afzelia scales (also stabilized by Mr. Moore), black canvas bolsters, black G10 liners/dividers and titanium pins with a hand-rubbed finish. All three were heat treated by Peters and have convex edges.

Thanks for checking out my work! :)

IMG_1986-XL.jpg

IMG_2004-XL.jpg

IMG_2047-XL.jpg

IMG_2057-X2.jpg

IMG_2063-X2.jpg

And here's a SFB I recently finished for my daughter (who is 5). She actually helped me design this pattern, which is why it's named after her (SFB = Sage Falling Blossom). She wanted something colorful . . . so she got colorful. :laugh:

IMG_1942-XL.jpg

IMG_1978-XL.jpg

I love all of these Shawn, but that one for your daughter is all kinds of cool. I love all the bright colors with the subdued blade. Where in the world did you get blue pins?!

i really like the bowie pattern and the old for your little girl is greatly colorful she"ll love it.
what the details on it?
-young pup

I just visited your website for the first time. I am duly impressed. Outstanding work on the tools you make and your website.

Back