Handle Fasteners (Someone PM me and tell me to shut up if I am making too many threads)

Jon Buescher

I have used pins and Corby fasteners to fix scales to knives. Corby's are rarely available in the size and materials I want to use them in. I have been looking at probably close to a dozen different sites and have seen Acorn/Luke rivets and a lot of other style bolt type fasteners, strictly speaking on a permanent scale build what other types of fasteners do you guys use, pro's and con's appreciated.

ALSO! I have been using Gorilla Glue brand Epoxy, is there better, more cost effective epoxy's out there I should look at using?

G-Flex Epoxy is my favorite! I’m Extremely uhappy with it for about 10 years now and I used Gorilla glue before that.. Also I’ve used Loveless Bolts for over 20 years and say they are the strongest mechanical connection! ———- I believe Bossdog sells them, you want the matching step drill too!:cool:

Last edited:
+1 on G-Flex

I like Corby bolts best. I like that they have a shoulder and hold the scale with a mechanical connection.

Loveles bolts are strong but there's one thing I don't care for with them. Sometimes there's a void that shows at the threads when you sand them flush with the scales.

Last edited:
Back