Grizzly 10 wheel

Sean Cochran

I am building a new KMG clone and I am looking at the 10" wheel from grizzly. I know I will have to put bearings in it, other than that does anyone have any experience with these wheels? Anyone who owns a Grizz grinder have any complaints about the wheel?

Thanks for the help.

BTW I just noticed over 1300 posts in the intro section.cool 1 Lets keep it growing2thumbs

Sean

hello, i have done a couple 10" grizz wheels they work great. here's a picture of the one i use.

Attachments

• ginder new s 002 (600 x 451).jpg
    ginder new s 002 (600 x 451).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 70
Go for it.
I've done two myself, you can't beat the price with a stick.
I got one for my bader and one on the home-built.They both run true. There is plenty of meat in the hub for any modifications.

My 10 " Grizz works good on my Burr King. Just had to take some meat off the hub to fit the shaft length.

would some one mind posting what sized bearing you had installed on the 10'' grizzly wheel?

thanks

jake

Thanks Jeff. It seems almost to good to be true for the money. I thought the quality would be very low. So you have had no problems huh?

I like mine it track's well, it cost about 60.00 dollars to have the machine shop cut the bearing pockets and press the bearings.

Thanks for all the input guys. I am ordering my wheel tonight. I am lucky to have a buddy with a machine shop he is going to put the bearings in for me.

Jeff
Did you just get some high speed bearings?

Thanks
Sean

PS If anyone is interested, I will do a WIP when I get started on the build.

All total per wheel cost me about $100.
My buddy owns a machine shop too and did charge something(30 or 35 bucks?), but he did provide the bearings. Buy the best bearings you can get...it's worth the money.

I have about 140.00 in my wheel total . I just did one for another member on the forum...and have oanother that i need to take to the machine shop this week.

I just had a serrated tire put on a new Beaumont 8" wheel = 280.00.

:)

EDIT:

The first wheel I owned was a 10".

I now grind 99% of my knives with an 8". Gives more of a pronounced hollow if that's what you're looking for.

Last edited:
I have about 140.00 in my wheel total . I just did one for another member on the forum...and have oanother that i need to take to the machine shop this week.

Thats a darn good price. Sunrays price jumps up quite a bit from 8 to 10 for some reason also.
I looked for the wheel on Grizzlys site. Is it the item with the pic of the grinder?No pic of the wheel?

Shank,
they dont show a pic of just the 10'' wheel i think they do in the cataloge i cant remember.

on a side note the 8'' wheel is more expensive to buy from grizzly than the 10''

jake

Shank,
they dont show a pic of just the 10'' wheel i think they do in the cataloge i cant remember.

on a side note the 8'' wheel is more expensive to buy from grizzly than the 10''

jake

Thanks...I wanted to make sure in case I made a move on one.
That is a good deal.
And why would the 8 inch be more expensive then the 10? Demand must be greater for the 8 ????

Back