Greetings from Oze

Oze

Cheers to KnfeDogs from down under in Australia. Question from a novice. When I make a knife I heat and quench, then temper in an oven. Watching 'Forged in Fire' the blacksmiths don't appear to do the temper step. Or do they? Can anyone explain to me what the difference is or what it is I am not getting? Cheers Oze

They're tempered but are not part of the show. From what I understand, the tempering is done by someone other than the bladesmith as well.

They're tempered but are not part of the show. From what I understand, the tempering is done by someone other than the bladesmith as well.

That is true! I believe I saw a video on YouTube were Walter Sorels (I think it was him) talked about his experience on the show. That was one of the things he discussed. If you do watch the show you'll hear the host after the first round say "now that your knives have been tempered" or something similer to that?

Ok thankyou. I thought that might have happened but was not certain. Good it wasn't a silly question after all.

Cheer. There is big time distance (up to 19 hours) so don't expect any rapid replies. Few weeks off summer time and 38c here. Warmish.

Back