Greetings all from Wyoming

Ironlath

I have always been very interested in edged weaponry. Modern and classic Bowie designs are a passion with me. I have made a friend in Mike Carter and together we have a few prospects in the works. The set of three Mike has posted in his sub-forum are being made for me. I reciently obtained another of Mike's works which he calls the "Cheyenne" Bowie. His craftsmanship is stellar!
If there is anyone out there who just can't find the knife they would like, contact Mike. His communication is outstanding as well as his patience with designs.
I am also into making knife sheaths which are of a primitive nature.
I'm happy Mike introduced me to the KnifeDogs forum link and this should be fun.
Mark Hecksel
Rawlins, Wyoming

Ironlath, one of my best friends lives outside Cheyenne. He's a former police officer and a veteran. He is active on numerous gun and knife forums and goes by the handle "Locutus."

He has just taken his first step down the ladder of success and accepted payment from a client for his first knife sharpening. He now must bear the brunt of being a highwayman and a tinker.

If you cross his path, PM him--I'll be here, hiding out from both work and my wife...:D

Hi Mark.... welcome to Knife Dogs. I lived north of you in Cody until about 2 years ago. I worked as a carpenter at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center for over 13 years. We make it back to visit a couple times a year and will probably end up living back there one of these days. Have fun here..... lots of good folks.

Go Pokes!!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. In the short time I have been in KnifeDogs I have seen some super, fun and interesting items. I have just completed a neck knife sheath for the small blade Mike Carter made for me. I hope to be able to post some images in the sheath catagory and would like some input.
Thanks again!
Mark

Hi Mark.... welcome to Knife Dogs. I lived north of you in Cody until about 2 years ago. I worked as a carpenter at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center for over 13 years. We make it back to visit a couple times a year and will probably end up living back there one of these days. Have fun here..... lots of good folks.

Go Pokes!!

Hello back folks,
I lived in Sheridan for about 15 years and met my wife there. She is a Cody gal and her entire family grew up there. Her father, Bob McPhail owned a few businesses there before moving to Billings.
Small world ain't it!
Mark

Back