Got my DD Workrest today

Mudman

One of my problems with the KMG, is it's lack of an articulating workrest. A friend recently told me about DD Workrests, so I placed my order right away. This is something I've been waiting for someone to make ever since getting my KMG. Just thought I'd share this, I'm sure a few of you would find these really useful.

Got a new workrest for my KMG today that I was super excited about. Great timing- as I was just about to look for someone to make me one.

Some nice welds- not many people will tig weld parts in this price range these days.

The full system: DD Workrest

Height adjustable with tons of articulation

Table configured vertical. *Note* I was in a rush to snap the shot, before the rain started really coming down. If you flip the mount upwards, the table will sit in line with the platen surface.

Cleaned up the scales a little more today. Ran out of usable daylight as the rain started coming in.

Gary,
Very cool looking rest! How have you been lately? Good to see you are around. Now lets see some more knives!:3:

That rest will adjust most anyway you wish! Looks like a well made product with good solid welds. I especially like the split bushings inside the holes to hold the round bars.

Ken H>

That rest will adjust most anyway you wish! Looks like a well made product with good solid welds. I especially like the split bushings inside the holes to hold the round bars.

Ken H>
It's a great design, I initially had concerns with rigidity. But from my little use so far, it's very solid. Not a lot of weight, and good working space.
Gary,
Could you provide the contact info for DD Workrests , phone or web site.
Thanks
PM Sent Fred.

Gary,
Very cool looking rest! How have you been lately? Good to see you are around. Now lets see some more knives!:3:
Thanks Laurence. Things are good, haven't had any back issues in a while *knock on wood*. The weather seems to be tormenting me though, seems to only rain on my days off these last few weeks. Working under a 10x10 canopy as my shop has been a little problematic as of late. I may try to build some kind of roofing, so I can still work in the rain.

I should have more knives to show soon, working on 5 right now, and have another 20 blanks to go through.

This is a really nice looking rest. I would also be interested in the contact info for this company.
Thanks,
Kevin

This is a really nice looking rest. I would also be interested in the contact info for this company.
Thanks,
Kevin
He sells his rests on ebay. Not sure about the Extreme angle rest though.

But you can also contact him direct @ dondtz@comcast.net

I should have more photos by Tuesday. The extreme can tilt up to 8* from what he's said, should be awesome for Scandi grinds. I'm sure it will do better than my blade clamped in angle iron, and dragged across my platen on a warped piece of plywood. The third rest in the photo, which I haven't posted mounted up yet- is also super useful. Prior I was using a 123 block bolted to angle iron, and clamped to my small wheel attachment to square up my profiles. The problem with this was, I could only use about 1/2'' on each side of the belt. Now with the new work rest, I can easily use the entire width of my belts.

Real nice guy. I don't want to seem like I'm advertising for him. Just like to share what I feel is worth mentioning.

Snapped a few more shots today, while the rests are still clean. I am very pleased with how many configurations the 3 different work rests can be setup.

Here is the standard rest with some tilt. About max for this particular one.

This is the extreme workrest- I was able to get just under 7* out of it. Actually think I could get even less.

The Small Wheel Workrest

Some angle to it

And tilt

The extreme angle set at 15*. Going to take some adjusting to get used to, but I am excited to get smooth on the grinds.

Used the extreme angle for the first time and was pleased. It'll take some practice to get good, but I think that should be quick.

Thanks for posting this. I love my KMG but the tool rest is lacking as we all know. Looking forward to getting this system. Looks well made! It looks like the vertical position of the rest may eliminate the need for a horizontal grinder. Very reasonable price it looks like

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this. I love my KMG but the tool rest is lacking as we all know. Looking forward to getting this system. Looks well made! It looks like the vertical position of the rest may eliminate the need for a horizontal grinder. Very reasonable price it looks like

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's a great addition to the KMG, I wouldn't quite say it will completely replace a horizontal though. But this definitely could be the best option for those that do not have a horizontal grinder. You still have to tweak your body a bit to use, but it's not so bad.
Mud, great to run into you. That's a sweet rest and exactly what I've been looking for.
Good to see your on here to bro, no more bcusa?

Got in trouble over there for the second time and decided to minimize contact for my own sanity. :D

Now I mostly spend time on IFI and BSF for my knife fix.
That a shame, I had noticed you were missing. It's pretty strict there, but lots of great members there. I tend not to voice my opinions too much to stay out of trouble.

Good to see your still around though.

Back