Giraffe bone

Kev

I have a client wanting to add giraffe bone handles to some of his existing knives. He harvested a giraffe and has the femur(s).
What would be the best way to go about cutting the thing up to make scales?

Merle

I miss Vonn Gruff. He was an asset to the forum.
Does anyone know where he went? I remember him posting a lot of cool hunting trip reports with pictures and wondered if the NZ sudden ban on AR-15 platforms was going to impact him.

-andy

Smallshop

KNIFE MAKER
Does anyone know where he went? I remember him posting a lot of cool hunting trip reports with pictures and wondered if the NZ sudden ban on AR-15 platforms was going to impact him.

-andy
super talented guy! His customer base is a lot African big game hunters...hopefully the AR ban doesn't affect him.

opaul

I reached out several times (though it’s been awhile) and he was adamant about not coming back.
We’ve lost several key members over the past year.
Fact of life.

Merle

super talented guy! His customer base is a lot African big game hunters...hopefully the AR ban doesn't affect him.
I hope so too. I'm not sure why I had it in my head that he hunted with an AR platform, I thought I saw one used in his pics. But I looked back at his posts and all I see is more traditional rifles, and some cool ones that he built. He did mention using 6.5 Grendel as a hunting round so maybe I just made an assumption from that. But lots of non-AR rifles are chambered in the newer 6.5 calibers.

Any rate, yeah it's a loss for the forum that he's gone. He seemed like a real artisan / craftsman.

-andy