Get to the choppa!

Daniel Macina

Well here’s my latest. I’m honestly embarrassed I agreed to make this one I just don’t care at all for the design and don’t care for brute de forge on kitchen knives. Handle material is cool but still a little out there for me.

I got an order for three more knives of a different design that I don’t care for either and I have to say it really sucks the joy out of it for me. I think after those three I’m just going to make what I want to make.

Anyways.

8” blade

4 1/2” handle

G Carta copper strand handle.

Thanks for looking.

0E21FE6B-1DED-44F8-84A4-709EBB313F2C.pngF86A57D8-82C9-4A4D-AAF8-B65C0B633577.pngD8A2C7F4-ECF4-40DF-AD9C-155DD4DCB658.jpegD7CD7FB1-45AB-45DA-B0A7-9EBED419F5C1.png0891FF91-6B45-41F2-B128-7099972CF8BE.png32721536-7A04-481E-9C60-F43D03D61DFF.jpeg

Looks like a design that is somewhat popular recently.
I really don't care for it either, but you did a very nice job on it.
You are making the right choice...build the designs you like. You'll do a better job and enjoy it much more.
Interesting handle material. May I ask where you got it?

Looks like a design that is somewhat popular recently.
I really don't care for it either, but you did a very nice job on it.
You are making the right choice...build the designs you like. You'll do a better job and enjoy it much more.
Interesting handle material. May I ask where you got it?
Yeah I have no idea why it has suddenly gained so much popularity but to each his own I guess.

The handle material comes from here.

He comes up with new patterns all the time most of which are pretty cool.

Daniel, I learned the hard way that orders can really suck the fun out of making knives. I decided a year or so ago that I would only accept orders for projects I wanted to make. I have no problem telling someone “no” if I do not want to make what they want. If I have no orders I make what I want, which right now are framed handle knives. I am really liking the options that hidden tang knives offer for creativity.

I think it looks good, and you used a good combo with the material. I also stopped taking, which is a good thing. I usually only find time to work on knives once a month.

Back