German Daggers

ironstein

My name is Brian,
I introduced myself on the forums a long time ago, i am mostly a lurker, just starting to make knives. I've been blacksmithing three years or so, I make damascus, and do some ornamental ironwork. My father gave me his WWII dagger collection to sell, and i don't want to offend anyone, some people find the Nazi stuff offensive, so i wanted to find some opinions about posting them here. I am just interested in finding a value on this collection, and possibly selling them. Let me know what you guys think, i would love to find out what they are worth, or an expert to tell me about them. I have a bunch of pictures.
Thanks

Where are you located? I have a buddy who collects old militaria items and I may be able to get you a referral to dealers he knows if there is one close to you. You can always check with "Collector's Firearms" in Houston. They used to buy alot of things like this. I advise you do your homework and get a good idea before trying to sell. Your best bet would be to pay to have the collection professionally appraised for retail and "insured value". Once you have that you can make a better informed decision as to what you want to do. Personally, I would hang on to the collection. A collection like this takes a long time to build and it would be a shame to see it go.

Thanks, Murph, for the mention of Collector's Firearms. It's a pretty incredible store based on the website, and I live in the Houston area so I googled the location. It's 6.5 miles from my office! I plan to make a stop by there this evening. I'd likely never have found the place without your reference, because I almost never drive over that way.

Brian, I may be able to help you I know a person that buys this kind of things, call me and will see what I can do. 775-787 -2160 Deane

Brian
That is a nice collection and you should have no problem sellling it.
Having collected several Nazi blades in my day, I would caution you to search out a reputable dealer or expert on the subject.
Some pipeces in your collecion may be close to worthless as collector pieces due to condition, but others may be extrealy valueable.
I would highly reccomend getting several opinions prior to actual sale.

Wish i had the $$ I would make you an offer!

Good Luck and God Bless
Mike

Very nice pieces , It all depends on the maker , if its someone who actually worked for the reich , like Herman Konejung it could be quite valuable . I would examine the blades and look for a name , then google it up . I have a 6 piece dinner set made for Goering I found out that way .

Back