G’day from Austral

Hi All,

New forum member, and new to knife maker.

Have a shop with mill/lathe as do a bit of R&D from home for work. Have been interested in knife making for a while but never put the time aside to make some blades. In the process of upgrading my sander from a small 6” disk (which is too small for the R&D work) to a 2x72, want to try my hand at folders, but will start out on something a little simpler.

Also interested in heat treatment, which I will probably need to do at some stage as I don’t think we have a heat treater within a 1000 miles.

Cheers,
Adrian

Last edited:
Welcome. If you have a lathe and a mill looks like you are already set up to start folders! Look forward to seeing your work.

Thank you for the kind welcome, I have a few books too read on the folders, before I tackle those. Think I will do a deer skinning knife with a full tan first up, as I am in need of one those.

Welcome to KD

When you're ready to jump into folders I highly recommend this video.

It'll answer questions you didn't even know you needed to ask.

It will jump start your knowledge like nothing else and is worth 10x the price of you want to make folders.

bvpv-kms-ikbs-lvoorhiestmick_600px.jpg

https://usaknifemaker.com/video-bui...stem-with-les-voorhies-and-tracy-mickley.html

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone and appreciate the link to the video, will order a copy as always like to learn from people that have been around the block.

Cheers,
Adrian

Back