Full stainless friction folder

KDX

I finished this friction folder today. I'm kind of happy with it but, it's probably my crappiest grind to date. I ground the AEB-L in the annealed state and will not be doing that again. It's got some flex to it and my grind did not stay consistent. A good learning experience. I used all stainless hardware and phosphor bronze bushings. It's dishwasher safe.

IMG_20151019_205039_zpsobm3d4us.jpg

IMG_20151019_205053_zpsycb5adpm.jpg

It's a little off center. I think if I mess around with the screws I might be able to bring it over.

IMG_20151019_204940_zpspepax14b.jpg

I like gimping.

IMG_20151019_204733_zpsbimaa45b.jpg

IMG_20151019_205528_zpsw0oeyd3s.jpg

It's pretty comfortable.

IMG_20151019_205339_zpsty5ybqqq.jpg

edit to add...I didn't make this one as a show piece, I wanted a rough industrial kind of look to it.

Last edited:
I'm using a bit of AEB-L, too. I only grind it hard, but I do find that even hardened it produces a lot of "hairy" grinding debris, for lack of a better way to describe it. The grindings ball up in the hose of my dust collector until they look like big, sticky clumps of steel wool. I find myself scooping handfuls of quench water and throwing it down the hose because those pads of grindings like to burn. Definitely a "watch out" for anyone using AEB-L. I can't really tell the difference in the final grinds of hardened AEB-L vs hardened CPM154, but the grinding debris coming off acts very different.

As to your knife, I like a very much. How heavy is it, being all stainless?

Thanks gentlemen. As per my kitchen scale the knife weighs 218 grams or 7.6 ounces.

LOL. You can definitely tell it's in your pocket, but it's not terrible. I might make a belt sheath for it, haven't decided on it yet though.

Back