Fresh off the Bench: Holiday Carving Set

LobosStyle Blades

Last year someone asked me if I could make a carving set. As with just about everything in this industry, for me, I said that I haven't tried it yet, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Well, since then I've gotten 3 more orders. I'm definitely NOT a photographer. Good thing I can make a decent knife. I think the hardest part of the whole process is getting the bend in the fork just right. Anyways, here is my most recent.

Carving Set:

Steel: 440C satin finish
HRC: 58hrc Blade (fork not hardened)
Bolsters: Brass
Handle Material: Inlaced Acrylester - White Pearl
Accent: Onyx with gold web

Storage Box: Poplar with mocha gel stain. A buddy made the box itself but I made the supports on the inside with felt to keep from scratching the handles and steel. Then stained and sealed it and added the latch on the front. It's actually a latch for a leather satchel that I modified for this purpose.

(My wife made the display board here with my logo. She's an awesome woman. Lucky to have her and her support.)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

c2 IMG_20150912_142717331 - Copy.jpgIMG_20150912_142120963.jpgIMG_20150912_152020591.jpgx2 IMG_20150912_142415927.jpg

Beautiful work. Love the repurposing idea. Where does one get the onyx with the gold web?

Back