Free To New Maker - 1x30 Surgi Strop

MTBob

In keeping with CDHumiston's gifting idea - I have an excess 1"x30" leather strop to give to a new knife maker. In a fog-filled purchasing frenzy I picked the 1x30 instead of the 1x42 that I use. I'll throw in a chunk of white diamond polish to get started & pay shipment (as long as it's not Uzbekistan, etc).
First new knife maker that PM's me gets it.

1639179890984.png

Last edited:
In keeping with CDHumiston's gifting idea - I have an excess 1"x30" leather strop to give to a new knife maker. In a fog-filled purchasing frenzy I picked the 1x30 instead of the 1x42 that I use. I'll through in a chunk of white diamond polish to get started & pay shipment (as long as it's not Uzbekistan, etc).
First new knife maker that PM's me gets it.

View attachment 79723
Interested

OK, MDBaker, you are the first address I've received and the strop is yours. I'll have it in the mail early next week.
A couple of notes:
- Read the instructions that come with the strop.
- While running the belt, apply a small amount of white buffing polish that I'm enclosing, just enough to whiten the belt.
- Be careful with the angle of the blade as it contacts the strop, always have the edge you are polishing in the downward, trailing, position. Any upward angle will immediately dig into the belt and kick back.
- Also, the tip of the blade will dig into the leather unless it is held at a downward angle - like 30-45 degrees downward.
- Use light pressure, this is a polishing process. You can quickly get close to a mirror finish on the secondary (cutting) edge with this process.
- I firmly hold the handle of the knife in one hand and using one finger of the other hand, apply light pressure on the blade and move it across the belt.
- You can flip the belt inside out and use the back (rough) side with equal results.
- When finished remove the belt from the grinder to take pressure off the leather or it will stretch.
Have fun and let us know how it works for you.

Back