Folks, we need to talk...... (About this years KITH!)

Mark Redmon

Given the rather brutal nature of this years winter thus far, I've found my mood to be a bit... gloomy. I thought it would be nice to start thinking about something a bit more positive, namely the summer KITH. I wanted to take a few days before opening the official thread to see if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions. I felt things went really smoothly last year. The only real issue that I am aware of was in regard to a participant overseas whose local laws prohibited the length of knife we was supposed to receive in the exchange. The maker was kind enough to make another knife that met the legal requirements. I'm open to suggestions on how to handle this. I'd hate to limit our makers creativity by suggesting the knives meet certain specs. Part of the fun of this has always been the variety of knives that you all produce for the exchange.

[thread=30449]Take a look at how we did things last year [/thread] and let me know if you think we need to modify anything aside from the dates. I'm thinking the deadline should be July 14th.

I'm looking forward to this, I hope you all are too!

-Mark

Mark,

We could make it have a theme this year that basically limits the blade length but not the type or style. While reseaching some of the different laws recently I also found some reference to importing edge weapons. We will not be able to meet all requirements everywhere.

One would need to agree to create another knife to meet the requirements needed for the recipient and the recipient agree to whatever the wait time is as part of entering the KITH if needed.

Edit:
I would participate again this year. How about max 4" blade cutting edge and any style you like?

Last edited:
Back