Five Stitches

opaul

My close encounters with shop mishaps culminated in a trip to urgent care this afternoon.
Of all things the culprit was stainless foil. I nicked the index finger of my right hand and as I reacted I swept my left hand over the edge of the foil that was curved up. It cut to the bone but luckily no tendons or nerves per the medical tech. The cut was on the outside of my little finger and across the middle joint.
From here out I’m wearing leather gloves when I work with this stuff again.

Two of my worst cuts ever were from stainless foil. It not like you don’t know it’s sharp, but it’s sneaky. I had one that needed a few staples and I didn’t even notice until my shop looked like someone had slaughtered a goat in there.

That foil is razor sharp. Hope the wound heals up quickly!
thank you. I use a scissor that also use for cutting sandpaper- it leaves somewhat of a fine serration on the foil.
I won’t be making this same mistake again.

Two of my worst cuts ever were from stainless foil. It not like you don’t know it’s sharp, but it’s sneaky. I had one that needed a few staples and I didn’t even notice until my shop looked like someone had slaughtered a goat in there.
Surprisingly it really didn’t bleed as much as I expected. I used my shops first aid kit- paper towels and blue masking tape. Strange looks at the clinic. :)

My close encounters with shop mishaps culminated in a trip to urgent care this afternoon.
Of all things the culprit was stainless foil. I nicked the index finger of my right hand and as I reacted I swept my left hand over the edge of the foil that was curved up. It cut to the bone but luckily no tendons or nerves per the medical tech. The cut was on the outside of my little finger and across the middle joint.
From here out I’m wearing leather gloves when I work with this stuff again.

The stainless foil is the biggest culprit for injury in my shop. I've cut myself badly at least three times. I always superglue myself back together. However, I am super careful with that stuff now. I don't leave any of it lying around loose in my toolbox or anything!

I hope you heal up fast!

The stainless foil is the biggest culprit for injury in my shop. I've cut myself badly at least three times. I always superglue myself back together. However, I am super careful with that stuff now. I don't leave any of it lying around loose in my toolbox or anything!

I hope you heal up fast!
Thank you. The medic said super glue wouldn’t work for this one.
Evidently according to her there is super glue and medical grade super glue. I need to get some.

That stuff is Nasty!! I've worked with it and all of a sudden I notice blood! Where the heck is that coming from?? Nothing as serious as yours but WTH!! And it dosnt take a second to go from clean to homicide location!! Sorry to hear!

Back